Healing Hearts: A Virtual Group for Survivors of All Genders (May 29 – July 17, 2023)
Healing Hearts is a support group for people of all genders who have had an experience of sexual violence or harassment. Join us to talk consent and pleasure, healthy boundaries, intimacy after trauma, and more at these free monthly drop-in meetings.
Our summer session is a special three-part series focusing on Muslim-identified and Indigenous-identified survivors of sexual violence, and it will be held on Monday’s via Zoom from 2 – 3 p.m. ET. Attendance at every meeting is welcome but not required; please note that the content will be building upon the first workshop.
Register for one or all of the sessions below to join in this special healing space that honours sacred and shared knowledge.
The sessions, which are open to Muslim-identified and Indigenous-identified survivors, are being facilitated by Henna Khawja and Metti Tessema, Coordinators with the SVPSC.
- CANCELED: May 29: Faith & Spirituality: A Source of Both Healing and Trauma
- What does “wholeness” mean for us?
- June 19: Faith & Spirituality: A Source of Both Healing and Trauma
- Healing our Minds and Bodies
- July 17: Faith & Spirituality: A Source of Both Healing and Trauma
- Healing in Hip-Hop and Pop Culture
You can register at any time prior to the meeting and it’s free to join!