Learning about sexual violence can be difficult. We understand that some learners may also be survivors of sexual violence or harassment, so this online module content could be especially challenging or activating to engage with. You are not alone, and your wellbeing is so important. Below are some tips that may be helpful to consider as you move through Building a Culture of Consent at the University of Toronto.
- If you can, complete the online module in an environment where you feel comfortable and safe.
- Be mindful and gentle with yourself.
- Schedule regular pauses when you’re completing the module to look after yourself emotionally and physically.
- Consider some of these techniques listed below, or check-out a full list of additional self-care, relaxation, and grounding techniques available from Women’s College Hospital (navigate to SA/DVCC Care Package and scroll down to Self-Care). Try:
- Going for a walk and/or spending time in nature.
- Seek out support from the Sexual Violence Prevention & Support Centre (SVPS Centre). The SVPS Centre is available to current students, staff, faculty, and librarians at the University of Toronto. Confidential, non-judgmental consultations are available by phone, e-mail, and video conferencing. Please contact us to request an appointment. You may also refer a member of the UofT community with their explicit consent.