The Centre is now active on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook! Follow us to join the conversation on care, consent, sexual health, and ending gender-based violence.
We welcome your comments on all SVPSC social media posts. The purpose of these platforms is to present matters of public interest to the University of Toronto community as it relates to consent, self-care, and the elimination of sexual violence. We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, and concerns.
Please note that comments expressed by public users on these platforms do not reflect the opinions, position, and core values of the SVPSC or the University of Toronto more broadly. The SVPSC disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for any materials or comments posted on these platforms by public users.
The SVPSC moderates all comments and reserves the right to remove your comment. We also reserve the right to block or remove access to repeat offenders of this policy.
Comments, messages, and other engagement related to disclosures of sexual violence should be communicated directly to SVPSC staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-978-2266. Public comments concerning sexual violence may be removed to protect the safety of all those involved.
Comments of the following nature (and others deemed inappropriate) will be removed:
- Comments that are threatening, harassing, name-calling, slanderous, obscene, profane and that contain hate speech, degrade others or are abusive as determined by the SVPSC at its sole discretion
- Trolling, spamming, doxxing, or postings that are of a promotional nature
- Content that violates the legal ownership or rights of another party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights
- Chain letters or pyramid schemes
- Content that impersonates another person
- Content that promotes illegal activity
- Libellous statements, such as allegations of criminal activity or comments that are unproven and may harm a person’s reputation
- This includes any engagement that identifies another person by name, or indirectly by identifier
- Use of an offensive username or of foul language
- All other content that is deemed inappropriate at the sole discretion of the SVPSC
Please refrain from including personal information such as your address or phone number in your comment. Should you choose to post personal information, the SVPSC accepts no responsibility for usage by third parties.
Finally, public users and commenters agree that you will indemnify the SVPSC against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.
If you have any questions concerning this policy, please contact us.