You Can Help End Sexual Violence
While it may seem overwhelming to tackle a problem as pervasive as sexual violence, we can all make a difference by being aware of how we may contribute to sexual violence and how to play an active role in prevention.
Here are some good places to start:
- Seek and respect consent.
- Think twice about making sexualized jokes or saying things that trivialize sexual violence.
- Treat people with respect and dignity.
- Be an ally.
- Support survivors and do not blame victims.
- When you see sexual violence happening, say something (if you feel safe to do so).
- Learn what privilege is and how it contributes to the normalization of sexual violence.