Restorative Reading Book Club (Virtual, Open to All)
A Book Club for Joyful, Healing, and Radical Reads
We know it can be tough to find time and motivation to read, especially when school and work stressors are at their peak. Restorative Reading is all about building-up a community of readers who encourage each other to read when they can as a way to decompress and learn together. We also welcome members who are interested in a book, even if they can’t commit to reading it all right now. We will provide a hard-copy of the book to the first 15 people to sign up. This is a low-barrier discussion – feel free to join if you’re always reading, can’t find the time to read, or have never been much of a reader!
Our first book of the 2023 – 2024 academic year is Falling Back in Love with Being Human: Letters to Lost Souls, by Kai Cheng Thom. We can’t wait to talk all about this “transformative collection of intimate and lyrical love letters that offer a path toward compassion, forgiveness, and self-acceptance.”
Here’s how you can join
- Register. Sign-up here: https://forms.office.com/r/HEJbGLSGu0
- Get your book and start reading. The first 15 registrants will get a copy of the book from us – but feel free to join with your own copy too! We’ll arrange a pick-up day at our office. Watch your email for more information about how to get your book.
- Join our discussion. We’ll be in-touch via email to let you know when and where our first book-club meeting will be. This will be a virtual session, so you can join from home.
Dates are subject to change – sign-up using the registration form to get the Zoom meeting invite and to be sent pick-up details if you’d like a free copy of our current book.
- October 19, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- November 2, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
- November 16, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.